Friday, June 24, 2011

A little update

I say little update, because it's just that. Not much to share. Was pretty upset in the past few weeks because we have heard nothing from our case worker at the agency. So last week I called her and she said it had been very slow and no new birthmoms in her region or Green Bay/Fox Cities. She said it seems all the Wisconsin agencies have been slow. She called this week to say our port was checked out in Superior. And I've learned not to get excited about this anymore, especially when its that far, because the mothers go thru our agency b/c they are open adoptions and we are 5 hours away from there.

We are trying to enjoy our summer. We have camping trips planned, Chicago getaway in September and lots of downtime with eachother and family. We hope to embrace this summer and hope that next summer we'll be busy homebound parents. I am just trying to take a day at a time, but I still really struggle and am tearful a lot. I am trying to soak in the good! Work is a big stressor since I haven't had vacation since December, because trying to keep my PTO for if anything happens. Our fiscal year starts back up in October, thus the reason for the Chicago getaway in September, because then I have to use it. But I need a mental health break! I love my job and clients, but I am what they call in the mental health field "crispy"-burned out! So that's where were at and appreciate all the good thoughts and prayers that we get matched sooner than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment