Okay so I got through another childless Mother's Day this year and I hope its the last year I have to say, "Next year will be different!". It was so wonderful when my mother-in-law got me cute sandals for Mother's Day this year and my husband wished me a Happy Mother's Day to be with kisses and coffee in bed that day. With Father's Day approaching I know it's really tough for my husband. In all four years of this, last year was the first year he admitted how tough this was. I bought him Father's Day card last year because there is no doubt he will be! And I will buy him another one this year. I don't know anyone that deserves being a father more than him.
I picked up our little 5yo sweetie we do PALS program with for a "girls weekend" a few weeks ago and she said, "Where's Sean?" When I told her working on the yard and we are doing a "girl's day", she responded, "I love you Kristi, but I am gonna miss Sean! He's my buddy". She made sure we called him and I then surprised her on the way home by stopping at our house to see him. She couldn't get out of the car fast enough and ran into our house yelling his name. She was so excited to see him and they proceeded to play Princess and Dragons in the backyard. My husband has a gift and is going to be an out of the world best father ever. I wish him a Happy Father's Day to be, because it will happen!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment