It was this past April I mentioned to my husband that our agency would be doing there one of two a year random drawings in May of who would be able to be in there program. They pick in May and November. They get approximately 35-40 couples that put there name in and will draw about 4-7 of those names. He was hesitant with Quinn only being a year and a half and the financial aspect of it all is so overwhelming. I pointed out #1-we may not even get drawn, #2-we aren't getting any younger, and #3-it took almost 2.5 years to get our sweet Quinn. He agreed and we entered our name and once again got picked the first time we put our name in.
So once again we filled out piles of paperwork, paid fees, created new ports and birth mom letters and did the education classes. As of this week all is complete and we are officially ready to go back in the books for birth parents to view. It is so different this time in that I wanted so badly to get picked right away and be a mommy. This time I *assume* I will be more patient as we are just enjoying Quinn and all that he is bringing to our lives. The fact of the matter is, it's once again in God's hands and his plan doesn't involve 9 months. My pregnancy is not on a timeline and its really scary at times. I am excited for our family to grow, but admit I am nervous as we have been through the worst of the worst and the best of the best experiences of adoption.
I just want to thank all my family and friends for all of your support, kind words of encouragement and sweet private messages. You all have helped us more than you know. Their may be tears again, excitement and then there will be the anxiety of feeling cray cray days. Wish us luck as we just pulled the bar down and are ready to ride our journey to become parents again on the adoption roller coaster!
No comments:
Post a Comment