Wednesday August 18th, on my drive home from work I received a phone call from our ever-so-supporting case worker Val. She tells me that the couple that had been holding onto our profile has chosen to meet us! I was like, "Are you kidding me?". She kept telling me how happy she was for us. DH was at a Timber Rattlers baseball game for work. I told him to keep his phone on, but there is something about his phone right now where it only rings twice and goes to voicemail.
I couldn't hold it in I called my parents where my mom answered and I can hear my dad in the background yelling YES! I called my DH's parents where his mother began crying tears of joy! Still no answer from DH's phone, I even texted him CALL ME NOW! I then called my one and only lil sis due any day with her first and shared our news. As I am babbling DH beeps in and I share the news to hear a response of "She picked us!?" He then shared the news with his supporting co-workers and came home early to meet me at our local Pub and Grill to share the news with one of our supporters owner Mary and her daughter Lori. I ended up there because I couldn't sit home by myself any longer and contain my happiness and SHOCK!
Tuesday August 24th, an evening with little sleep and my poor DH complaing of a belly ache. Wednesday August 25th, a long long day of looking at the clock waiting for 3pm to arrive. My DH and I arrive at our adoption agency about 220pm and meet with Val and go over any last minute questions we have. My mouth is so so dry, I ask Val for a glass of water. We share our feeling of nervousness, overmwhelmed, and excitement. She tells us she knows the sex of the baby, but expecting mom wants to share that information with us. We tell her the girl name we agreed on and she loves it and we tell her we can't agree on a boy's yet. I excuse myself to use the restroom and as a walk out I see this small little pregnant woman, smiled at her, assuming she was an employee there.
I make my way to the conference room and my heart is pounding! The expectant couple arrives to the room and it is the same cute little pregnant woman I met outside of the restroom. The first things she says right away is, "Did anyone sleep last night?". DH and I laugh saying, "Absolutely not". She asked several great questions that we both answered honestly regarding the baby and our future relationship with her and siblings (we will be having an open adoption) and how we would raise the baby. I felt like things were so in-synch in our both of our belief systems. Expecting dad was more quiet, but did share some info with us that was good to know. She accidently slipped in while asking questions that it was a GIRL!-"Oh yeah by the way it's a girl!" she said. The workers then had us go in a separate room while they talked. We were so nervous. About 10 minutes later Kimberly comes to the room and says come on back they want to exchange info with you-meaning, they want us to be the adoptive parents of their child!
I asked mom why she chose us and she said, "It seriously was a gut feeling. I looked at so many portfolios and kept coming back to yours with that gut feeling". She said it didn't hurt that her family members kept saying we were the one too! The four of us walked out together and she initiated goodbye hugs for us both. They joked how they were trying to guess which car was ours. Funny, how DH took to the car wash that day. We showed them our Explorer and they were like, "We knew it!".
I have gotten a few texts from her the following day and we hope to meet again in a more relaxed environment. We are ecstatic and remain so nervous. It is going to be a long 3 months. My DH is so cute, he keeps saying, "Is it 3 months yet?" and "I am gonna have a daddy's girl!". Even sweeter, I came home from work the other night to a note on the bed saying, "18 Reasons I Am Ready To Be A Daddy!"
The rollercoaster will continue, especially with the news that I need surgery again! Another mass on my ovary, bigger than my ovary, pushing my uterus over to the other side and my cervix down. If it wasn't for the hope we now have, I would be a mess! Surgery most likely happening end of September. But I keep saying I need to get better now so I can be the best mom I can be by December!!! DH and my prayers and the support of others thoughts, vibes and prayers DO WORK and are WORKING! Thank you everyone, keep em coming!!! We really have a chance at being parents now and it makes my heart do sommersaults, what an amazing amazing feeling!!! I hope this ride ends up smooth with little bumps. Without sounding presumptuous, we really do deserve this, this has been long and coming!
No comments:
Post a Comment