Monday, August 2, 2010

Happy Endings

I had a session with my client this morning and she was stating she thought at one point in her life she had achieved a happy ending and followed by the complete opposite happened to her and then said she had to start on achieving a new one. The concept of a happy ending makes my mind spin when I think of it for myself. What is a happy ending? What would be my happy ending? Will I ever feel a sense of a happy ending?

I know it's unrealistic in my conscious mind to think that having a child would be my happy ending. The thing is this, being a mother is tougher than any other job there is. Many of my friends share just how hard it is and they just need a break-doesn't sound much of a happy ending does it? Then again I hear the joys, rewards and undescribable love it is to have with a child and that is it like falling in love-that sounds pretty happy to me-I yearn it so bad that it brings me to tears each time I think that I don't have it right now. So it is something that will bring happiness, I know that and can guarantee that despite sleepless nights and a schedule that will turn my life upside down.

Fairlytales are nice in theory but unrealistic. My husband and I don't want a fairytale nor a happy ending, but we know that having a child and to be a mom and a dad will bring much so much happiness and joy! I don't live each day seeking a happy ending but understand this, I have never ever wanted something sooooooooo bad in my life! I am told by parents each and every day how amazing I am with their children, my feedback cards speak volumes of this and my co-workers overflow me with compliments. I just need more, I need to share these gifts with my own. This stands true for my husband, as well, he is amazing with children as they flock to him at family gatherings and volunteer as a mentor. We just want to enhance our life with some more well-deserved happiness- so please bring on zombie-like brain, makeupless days and a messier home-because to me that is happiness! My hope for this just feels neverending and doing my best to be happy for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment