Let just say that I feel silly for complaining already, but our birthmom letter has been out there for 2 months now and with the exception of a couple situations, no one has requested our profile yet. I was so surprised when it even bothered my husband and he said the other day,"What's wrong that no one has looked at ours' yet?" I replied, "Does that make you sad?" and he said "Yeah it kind of does" and I said with that bubble in my throat, "Me too me too".
I know there are people that have waited years and we are only at the two month mark. Guess that's what happens when you want something so bad. Probably hard as well because my only sister is due with her first in August and this is the first time my parents get to be grandparents. I just want that so much too!!! It was also hard because my husband turned 35 this past weekend and though that is not old, I know we want more than 1 child and want us to have energy that they deserve and need.
I want to start working on the nursery too, I think it would help me because we know how unpredictable adoption can be and I want to be ready. But I am the only one who seems excited to start it and if I were pregnant that would not be the case! There is still so much grief I face with this and have to process through. And I have to face it so I can be the best mom I can for when our munchkin comes into the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment