After a very long month of education and therapy classes, writing birthmom letter and putting together a detailed resume book, we were able to hear the words yesterday, "your letter and resume book go in the system for Monday and keep your cell phones on you at all times now." Such wonderful words to hear after all of our hard work.
Let's just say they are not kidding when they say this journey is going to be a roller coaster. You just can't compare it to being pregnant, but yet I find myself saying aloud "I (we) wouldn't be having this conversation if I were pregnant". I resent that at times, I resent my body for that sometimes, but it is what is and we will be a mommy and daddy, just like those that are pregnant and that is the miracle in all of this. I am just coming off a week of being emotionally drained, but know I can be a mommy because I could handle more if I had to, and that's what being a mom is all about. Stay tuned to a hopeful post of being matched with a birthmom in the near future. I again thank all of my family and friends for all of their support and a special thanks to my mom who has been a victim to many emotional phone calls from me this week, she is the BEST!
I am so excited for the two of you! You are going to be amazing! Hang in there- it will all be so worth it when you have that beautiful little baby!
ReplyDeleteGood luck to you both! I know the feeling of being angry at your body. My endo, my infertility and my inability to carry my twin IVF miracles full term make me very angry with my body. You deserve to hold your baby very, very soon!
ReplyDelete